I guess even the most cynical of girls would want a love song written about them.
They dream it up in their heads,
along with the poet to whom they owe the beautiful words and brilliant honor.
A friend of mine, one of my best, always talks about the likes of the song that she wants her soul mate to write her.
She says to me, "Rachel, I want it to be pure poetry, intricate and beautiful, with an orchestra and his voice will be like an angel's voice"
Maybe she will find her angel voice boy one day,
and maybe he'll carry an orchestra in his back pocket.
But me, I think the most beautiful of love songs are the simple ones
with few words but many thoughts.
I picture a boy with nothing but his cracked off-key voice
and perhaps a wooden flute...but he doesn't have to.
Not perfect, but perfect anyway.
And one of my favorite love songs:
"I just know that she warms my heart
and knows what all my imperfections are.
And she says that I am the brightest little firefly in her jar"
-Brightest by Copeland
And even if he doesn't have an angel's voice
and there's no orchestra
he'll be the brightest little firefly in my jar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
rachel,
i totally agree with you simple songs from the heart are truly the best...but if he has an angels voice then that's just a plus :)
Post a Comment