Sunday, March 16, 2008

Looks of disgust and disappointment

I wrote this during class one day, when I was supposed to be working
But there are more important things that are vital to my sanity sometimes
I was having a really crummy day

She hates me, I know it.
Today is a trip to the dentist, the one who invented the electric chair
Today is a dress full of static, that stick to me legs when I walk anywhere
Today is a pair of sweaty silk pajamas, the kind they sell for romance
Today is a broken nail, like the one on the thumb of my left hand
Today is a mouth full of spicy food, and no water to calm it
Today is a desk with a 1 inch layer of chewed gum underneath, like the one in geography class
Today is a papercut, something so small can cause so much pain and discomfort
Today is finding out your mom ate the last piece of cake, so you go to the freezer and find out your uncle ate your ice cream
Today is getting yelled at for incompetence
Today is a tickle, or an itch at the sole of your foot
Today is cough medicine, the really disgusting orange kind
Today is burnt toast, that leaves the taste of careless parenthood in your mouth
Today is a joke gone wrong, so your left there with a pinched expression
Today is feeling like a fool in a room full of imbeciles
Today is bed at 1 morning at 6
Today is a something in my eye that feels like a mountain, but it only a piece of dust
Today is a party with crowds of drunken people, I know no one, and even the ones I know are someone else when drowning their sorrows in a bottle of whiskey

She hates me, I know it.
and they, they look at me with glances of resentment

No comments: