Dash you incompetent fool, and try not to trip in the burning cold steam seeping from the hole in your face.
The impatient woman flails her arms at me, smacking glass with thuds that bounce off my brain.
I'm too playful, sorry.
I don't run for anyone honey, especially not towards the object of my resentment.
Push repeat, my shoulders hurt but they do a dance of their own anyway.
Staggering glances and rolled eyes, maybe a few will understand.
maybe a few will join in.
One, has yes. The Jesus-looking bum who is violently attacking his shock of hair with a prickly object, comb or cactus?
Does it matter, we're all mad here.
Hey darlin' help me comb my hair?
"Sorry Jesus, Im late for a very important date."
My names actually samuel, and why be late when you could be early?
The wisest of words comes from sewers and sidewalks, not from atop a pedestal.
Hands run around the numbers as if ring around the rosie is a daily devotion.
Wandering eyes find me as I make a mad rush for the shutting door.
Why am I rushing? Am i missing out on something grand, maybe I'll just take my savage mind and run with it through the structures and cement.
Where has the earth been kidnapped to?
I give in, finally taking my place but I don't feel content here.
I am a puzzle with no missing pieces, some are just bent and mutated.
Better yet, I am made of many puzzles but none of it fits right.
Am i wrong?...no the pieces are. I need new pieces.
Whispered punishment as the room is illuminated by blue light.
My heart sinks as well, like a cannon in my chest.
But the hands fall with a final vibration, and a flurry of movement and faces,
till tomorrow or the next.
I step through the door into the light, where I go through many stares till I finally reach that inviting face.
Where have you been?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment