So, it’s been a few days after I completely went off on he who I will not say.
And, I guess part of me was feeling strong and independent.
Like, I am a total ball-buster that can take care of myself and I don’t take any crap from anyone.
But then again, the other half of me was asking, “Do I really want to be bitter towards someone that probably didn’t even realize what they were doing?”
But yet again, the other side wasn’t going to let up that easy.
I thought, “But, it was terrible what they did! They don't deserve forgiveness!”
My sensible side gently tapped my earlobe and whispered, “Christ forgave us. We should forgive others.”
So, I sent this person an apology.
I didn’t expect him to accept it, much less reply to it.
But I knew that deep down I had forgiven him for what happened.
After I had sent it, I felt like a skyscraper had been lifted off of me.
One that has been there so long, but I hadn’t noticed it.
I felt something weird in my gut.
I didn’t recognize it because I haven’t had this sensation in a long time.
And then it hit me, I am content.
I had let go of all my anger in a few words and for the first time in months.
I felt like a new person, a pure and clean being that God had renewed.
I realized that I can choose to be happy or bitter and angry.
I chose happiness.
Still though, part of me was nervous.
Would he reject it? Would he even care?
He did reply, and he accepted my apology.
And from that moment on, I knew that everything would be alright.
I wave of warmth cleansed me from the inside out.
I had made it right.
No thanks to angry words.
But I owed it to God and his lessons.
I felt no regrets.
To him, it may have just been a minor fight.
To me it was a lesson well learned.
I turning point in my life that made me remember.
The weak cannot forgive; forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment