I searched all around
for the escaped bird
from the cage in my chest
in between my lungs
I searched under skycrapers
scoured the skyline
Peeked under doormats and forgotten lawn ornaments
Even the obvious haven of the bird bath
I searched all around, but couldn't find it
I almost drowned that day
I found it on the ocean's floor
broken along with the shells that were once cherished
I wish you were here when I lost my glasses
so you could take my hand
and help me remember the steps to take
make clear all the blurry edges
instead you run around in self-pity
and hide under the rug
from the world that is so beautiful
and disgusting at the same time
you were only aware of the beauty
until the world scraped at your ankles
and bruised your knuckles
so now, you hide under the rug
and leave me to find my glasses all by myself
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment