I used to be bitter.
Like baker's chocolate...
I was just a big piece of sugarless cocoa.
Which actually doesn't look too bad, until you've bitten into it.
That's how I was. I was not such a nice person.
I've changed now, for the better.
But back then in my bitter chocolate days, I said this many times.
"I hate kids."
Now, I looked at children with a sqeamish look.
They were either bald, ugly, whiney, or annoying.
They drooled, and spit, and screamed.
I did not care for them in the slightest.
And now, I look back on my self and think... I was so grey.
I was a grey person, surrounded by some grey people, living a grey life.
But that's how I chose it.
How could I have chosen it?
Since then I have grasped onto the colors of the world for dear life.
Slowly bringing them upon my self.
And I'm not as grey.
I now look at children, and I like them.
I think they can be charming, and funny, and witty, and kind.
They are intelligent, and innocent, and i like them.
It took one trip to the zoo to show me the truth.
I never hated kids. I never even disliked kids.
Really, I hated bratty kids.
And i still do.
Set the scene.
I am in the restroom waiting for a stall to open.
A girl maybe 9 or 10 walks in.
See sees that I am standing there waiting patiently, and as soon as the stall opens, she walks right past me into the stall.
I nearly broke the door down.
Instead, I said loudly to no one in particular "I hate rude kids!"
She must have heard me. She did nothing though...that is until we were outside.
I was sitting on a white bench.
She takes a sip of water from the drinking fountain
and promptly spits it out...splattering me.
She then says, "EEEEWWW THAT TASTES LIKE ANIMAL WATER!!!!"
I almost said, "Well, then it suits you."
but I held my tongue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment