Ain't No Rest For the Wicked - Cage the Elephant
"I saw the shadow of a man creep out of sight,
then he swept up from behind, put a gun up to my head,
he made it clear he wasn't looking for a fight,
he said give me all you've got, I want your money, not your life,
if you try to make a move I won't think twice.
I told him you can have my cash, but first you know I've got to ask,
what made you want to live this kind of life?"
I Know What I Am - Band of Skulls
"Cut, tease,
Better believe,
I got the feeling that I'm underneath,
But I know what I am,
They know what they are
So let me be."
Oscar Wilde - Company of Thieves
"Time keeps on ticking away,
Always running away.
We're always running from time.
Time keeps on ticking away,
Always running away.
We're always running in time.
We are all our own devil
We are all our own devil
And we make this world our hell."
Hold the Fort - Rachel Bishop
"Fierce and long, the battle rages
But our help is near
Onward comes our great commander
Cheer my comrades, cheer!
Hold the fort, for I am coming
Jesus signals still
Wave the answer back to heaven
By the grace of God we will!"
Pony (It's OK) - Erin McCarley
"It`s time for you to prove,
Within your ruby shoes
You deserve a smile with no regret,
Look at you
Kicking off your shoes,
Dancing for the world to see,
You got the power to believe,
Open up and see,
And go be free and fly away."
Dead and Gone - Lewis & Clarke
"Everything around's goin over my head
Cos' you struck a nerve that I thought had gone dead
Head is hangin down and your eyes are turnin black
Waitin for the devil and the hand that bites back
Oh no, not you...dead and gone
Oh no, was it you...all along?"
The Oracles on the Delphi Express - The Dear Hunter
"Stick with us, throw your morals out the door
You aren't in the land of the river and the lake no more
Makeshift schemes, we've got plenty here for you
Lock away your dreams and throw away the key.
You've been stuck in the middle of patience and animosity.
With a lust for solidity, and a cryptic history
your lucks running thin."
The First Single (You Know Me) - The Format
"You know me, oh you think you do, you just dont seem to see
I've been waiting all this time to be
something I can't define
so let's cause a scene,
clap our hands and stomp our feet or something."
Close To Your Heart - The Glorious Unseen
"You look down from heaven
And melt me with your gaze
Then you come down from heaven
And wrap me in your wings
And it makes me feel loved again
So close in your arms
And it makes me feel home again
So close to your heart."
You Are the Moon - The Hush Sound
"You don't see what you possess,
A beauty calm and clear-
It floods the sky and blurs the darkness
like a chandelier.
All the light that you possess,
Is skewed by lakes and seas.
The shattered surface,
So imperfect,
Is all that you believe."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment